Wilderness Equipment Breakout 70L Rucksack S/M Blue
- Single-compartment bag with a wide, high-cut, easy-to-load top opening and smooth-running drawcord.
- Two external pockets: top and back.
- Heavy-duty Australian canvas bag, fully-dyed and clear proofed against water and mildew. 1000d Kodra nylon reinforcing, PU multi-coated.
- AX high-tensile aluminium, asymmetric-cross internal frame.
- Synchro-FORM 22 hip harness: Fully independent wings with 3-D multi-laminated pads and heavyduty buckles. (Starting in 2013, packs are also compatible with the Perfect-FIT harness).
- Synchro-FORM shoulder harness, 3-D contoured, fully adjustable and detachable.
- Body Contact Fabric: Comfortable, water repellent, canvas-like spun polyester
This original, proven, WE canvas pack has served the outdoor education community for more than 30 years. In 2013 it has a new look but, more importantly, the latest enhancements - including to harness attachment fittings - make this an easier-to-use and utterly reliable backpack.
We invented the simple, zip-free, weatherproof back pocket used on this pack a very long time ago. It was Antoine de Saint-Exupery who said ‘Perfection is finally achieved, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is nothing left to take away’. Exactly! You see our pocket around a lot these days but our wide-opening, top-loading bag design and its generous top cover remain a unique feature of big WE packs, including this one. The high-cut bag rim with its slippery, bombproof drawcord closes easily over the pack contents avoiding the need for a nylon throat extension - the first part of a heavily used pack to suffer.
The Breakout is available in three bag sizes each fitted with our quick-change, dual-back-length system - two settings on every pack. Surprisingly, the Breakout comes standard with our adaptive-fit, Synchro-FORM harness system. It may be the most sophisticated pack harness on the planet but it is also very simple. The Synchro hip wings attach with our new, eyelet-free, custom-made, all-stainlesssteel fittings. Screws can not detach - they are welded in - and no tools are needed.
Back sizes: 40/45 cm